Home Remedies for Seasonal Allergies
In the United States alone, more than 60 million people experience seasonal allergies. There are over-the-counter medications that do a good job of treating the symptoms, but at the cost of side effects that include dry mouth, drowsiness, and other discomforts.
As an alternative, try these natural remedies….
8 to 15 drops lavender essential oil
- Add the lavender essential oil to the water in your diffuser.
- Turn the diffuser on, and let it run for 15 minutes every 2 hours.
- For continuous treatment, place the diffuser net to your bed, and let it run all night.
1/2 teaspoon olive carrier oil
2 drops peppermint essential oil
- pour the olive carrier oil into a small glass or ceramic bowl.
- Add the peppermint essential oil to the olive oil. and stir to combine.
- Using a cotton ball, dab the oil around you nostrils.
Don’t Be A Neat Freak Be sure to dilute peppermint essential oil if you’re dabbing it around your nose to relieve allergy symptoms. If you use the oil neat, it will make inflamed skin burn.
Hope this information helps.
Don’t forget to like, share or leave a comment to let us know how this worked for you!
Sources: An Introductory Guide Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Sonoma Press
Information pulled July 10, 2018