Natural Dandruff Shampoo
There are lots of dandruff shampoos and medicated products that you can buy, but none will solve the problem permanently. Remarkably, however, essential oils and some changes to your hair care regimen can go quite a long way toward solving the problem.
8 ounces unscented shampoo (available at natural foods store)
10 drops lavender essential oil
4 drops tea tree essential oil
- Pour the shampoo into an 8 ounce dark-colored glass bottle that closes tightly.
- Add the lavender and tea tree essential oils to the shampoo, and shake well to blend.
- Apply a quarter size amount to your hair.
- Lather, and wait 30 seconds before rinsing.
Overnight Conditioning Blend
1 ounce spring water (bottled water)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
5 drops carrot essential oil
5 drops eucalyptus essential oil
5 drops thyme essential oil
3 drops sage essential oil
- Pour the spring water and apple cider vinegar into a dark colored glass bottle that closes tightly.
- Add the carrot, eucalyptus, thyme, and sage essential oils to the bottle, and shake well to blend.
- At bedtime, pour 1 teaspoon of this blend into the palm of your hand, and massage it into your scalp.
- Leave the blend in overnight.
- In the morning, wash your hair with the shampoo described above.
Hope you enjoyed this article
Visit our blog for more!
Sources: An Introductory Guide Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Sonoma Press
Information pulled July 13, 2018
For more recipes you can find this book on Amazon