How To Make A Warm Compress
Heal with Heat
- Fill a basin (not made of plastic) with about a pint of water as hot as you can comfortably stand.
- Add 3 to 4 drops of your selected essential oil. If you’re using more than one type of essential oil, add no more than 4 drops total.
- For your compress, choose and hand towel, another small piece of fabric, or a cloth bandage.
- Place the compress on the surface of the water, and let the compress become completely saturated.
- Lift the compress from the bowl of water, and wring out any excess.
- Place the wet compress on the area to be treated. To contain the moisture, cover the compress with a plastic bag or a sheet of plastic wrap, and hold the compress and the plastic in place to keep the compress from slipping.
- When the compress cools to body temperature, replace it the another warm compress.
I hope this is helpful to you!
Be sure to like, share and leave a comment
Visit our blog for more!
Sources: An Introductory Guide Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Sonoma Press
Information pulled July 15, 2018
For more recipes you can find this book on Amazon