How to Use Essential Oils for a Hangover
When you tie one on at night, sometimes you have to pay for it the next morning.
If so, you’ll need plenty of rest, and you’ll have to replace the fluids you lost to alcohol’s dehydrating effects. In addition, three essential oils: Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint can help you get through the worst of the symptoms.
Neat Morning After Shower Treatment
6 drops peppermint essential oil
- Put 3 drops of the undiluted peppermint essential oil on a we washcloth.
- Put the washcloth on the floor of your shower.
- Turn the water on, and let the shower fill up with steam.
- Step into the shower, or sit nearby if you can’t stay on your feet, and breathe in the scent of the peppermint oil for 10 minutes.
- After the shower, use a cotton ball and apply 1 drop of undiluted peppermint oil to one temple, 1 drop to the other temple, and 1 drop to the back of your neck for relief from a headache and nausea.
Morning After Diffuser Blend
10 drops lavender
10 drops peppermint essential oil
- Add the lavender and peppermint essential oils to the water in your diffuser.
- Turn the diffuser on, and let it run while you rest or nap.
- Repeat this treatment as often as necessary to relieve your symptoms.
Morning After Calming Blend
1 tablespoon carrier oil
8 drops lemon essential oil
- Pour the carrier oil into a small glass or ceramic bowl.
- Add the lemon essential oil to the carrier oil, and stir to combine.
- Smooth this blend all over your body to relieve tension.
I hope this is helpful to you!
Be sure to like, share and leave a comment
Visit our blog for more!
Sources: An Introductory Guide Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Sonoma Press
For more recipes you can find this book on Amazon