Toss two of these in the bathwater to delight your children or give yourself a treat. A basket of these fragrant little wonders also makes a nice addition to a bathroom shelf or vanity.
What you need:
1/2 cup citric acid
1 cup baking soda
1/4 Epsom salt
10 to 15 drops essential oil (good choices: jasmine, lavender, patchouli, vanilla, and ylang-ylang)
6 drops food coloring of your choice
2 ounces water
- Stir together the citric acid, baking soda, and cornstarch, and run them through a sifter or sieve to be sure they’re thoroughly combined.
- Add the Epsom salt, and mix thoroughly.
- Add the essential oil and food coloring to dry ingredients, using your fingers to break up any lumps.
- Lightly spray the mixture with the water to dampen it. If you use too much water, the mixture will fizz and expand.
- Form the dampened mixture into round balls about the size of an egg.
- Place the balls on a baking sheet and leave them to dry overnight.
- And there you go bath balls ready to use!
I hope this is helpful to you!
Be sure to like, share and leave a comment
Visit our blog for more!
Sources: An Introductory Guide Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Sonoma Press
For more recipes you can find this book on Amazon