It’s quick and easy to whip up your own full body moisturizing butter.
If the combined scents of vanilla, almond, coconut, and cocoa sound too sweet, replace the cocoa butter with shea butter, and use jasmine or ylang-ylang essential oil.
This recipe yields about 3 cups.
What you need:
1 cup raw cocoa butter
1/2 cup coconut carrier oil
1/2 cup sweet almond carrier oil
6 drops vanilla essential oil
- Place the cocoa butter and the coconut carrier oil in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Set the bowl in a pan of water over low heat, and allow the ingredients to melt.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- Add the sweet almond carrier oil and the vanilla essential oil to the cooled mixture.
- Chill the mixture in the freezer for 20 minutes
- Using an electric mixer or a food processor, whip the combined ingredients until they look like butter.
- Spoon the body butter into a glass jar, ans store it in the refrigerator between uses.
I hope this is helpful to you!
Be sure to like, share and leave a comment
Visit our blog for more!
Book: An Introductory Guide Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Sonoma Press
Information pulled August 1, 2018
Photo by Dana Tentis from Pexels
For more recipes you can find this book on Amazon