For oily skin, there’s nothing like a facial mask to dissolve the excess and remove dead skin cells. For dry skin, substitute with 10 drops of sandalwood, 5 drops of rose, and 3 drops of patchouli essential oils.
If your skin is neither oily nor dry, use 10 drops of lavender, 5 drops of chamomile, and 3 drops of lemon essential oils.
Always remember to stay out of the sun for at least 12 hours after using photosensitizing oils!
What you will need:
3 tablespoons white cornmeal
3 tablespoons freshly ground raw almonds
10 drops lavender essential oil
5 drops bergamot essential oil
3 drops clary sage essential oil
2 to 3 tablespoons of water
- In a glass or ceramic bowl, mix the cornmeal and ground almonds with the lavender, bergamot, and clary sage essential oils.
- Add the water 1 tablespoon at a time to form a paste.
- Apply the mask directly to your face, using a circular motion to buff away dead skin cells.
- Allow the mask to dry and tighten (about 10 minutes).
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water.
I hope this is helpful to you!
Be sure to like, share and leave a comment
Visit our blog for more!
Book: An Introductory Guide Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Sonoma Press
Information pulled August 8, 2018